Lithium-based BattPack Energy: No Fuel, No Fumes, No Noise
Many people are already familiar with lithium batteries. It is undeniable that it has had a great impact on many has played in our lives. Everything from our phones, laptops, power tools, and even some emergency medical devices run on lithium batteries.
But what is a lithium battery? And what is its advantage over sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries? To better explain this, you first need to know the components of a lithium battery which is composed of the cathode, the anode, a separator, current collectors, and electrolyte.
Both the cathode (Positive electrode) and anode (negative electrode) of the battery are where the lithium is stored, and electrolyte is the medium that the positively charged lithium uses to travel around in. During a charging state, the cathode releases lithium ions into the electrolyte and passes through the separator before arriving at the anode. Once the device is powered on, the flow is reversed. It’s during this movement of lithium ions from the anode to the cathode that electrons are generated providing power for the device. At this stage, the lithium particles begin to lose their positive charge.
Before lithium was introduced, sealed lead acid batteries where the norm. Although it was a proven technology, SLA was beginning to show its age and it was becoming apparent that the newest technologies needed a battery that was smaller and lighter for the same amount of charge that an SLA can hold.
SLA batteries were heavy. For reference, a typical small marine battery using SLA weighed around 35 lbs, but a comparable lithium battery only weighed 11 lbs. SLAs where also not very efficient in holding a charge. Customers would complain that an SLA battery could only hold 300 charge cycles before going completely dead. Lithium, on the other hand, manages around 3,000 cycles so it has a longer battery life span. Although SLA batteries are normally cheaper than lithium batteries, the total cost of ownership of SLA over a 5-year span ends up becoming much higher. This is taking into account the time element spent on replacing the SLA battery, and the cumulative downtime that results from it.
Given these advantages of size, weight, and longevity that lithium possesses over SLA batteries, it made it possible to make smaller devices that can run for longer periods of time. Lithium batteries transformed many industries because it broadened the use of many devices that would’ve normally been hindered by either size, weight or power duration. It also made it possible to provide portable power for traditional tools and equipment.
This means that batteries like the lithium-based BattPack Energy can power equipment without compromising on the space that it would occupy or the length of time that it can be used. The use of lithium in its batteries ensures that it can last for at least 2,500 cycles and can give you a lifespan of around 5-15 years. This will have tremendous use for activities such as boating or remote entertainment because it is able to power traditional appliances and equipment that require a 120V or 220V output.
• Lifespan of 10+ years
• Recharges in 3 hrs (Can recharge using solar power, or vehicle alternator)
• Portable weighing approx. 80 lbs
• Eliminates gasoline and diesel fuel costs
• High ROI: Savings of up to $1200/year
• High-tech battery management system prevents system malfunctions and safety concerns
• For indoor and outdoor usage in all weather conditions
• No moving parts and no maintenance required
• Much longer lifespan than lead acid batteries
• Great for wet environments and confined spaces (mines, tunnels and sewers)
• +2500 cycles
• 5 to 15 years life span
• 2.5 kWh of usable energy
• Light portable rugged design with simple energy display
• Available in 120V or 240V models
• 20A Output Plugs (@120V)
• Rapid recharge in 3-4 hours (from regular wall plug)
• Power: equivalent to 4000W (surge 8000W) gas generator
• Outdoor usage: -20°C to +40°C
• Weight: 42kg
• System Measurements: 645mm L x 508mm W 368mm H
• Cell Chemistry: Lithium Iron Phosphate
• Automatic transfer switch (<10ms) with ability to charge while discharge occurs
• Safety features: Overheat protection, short circuit protection, over current protection, over voltage
• Battery Certification: UN38.3
Do you need portable batteries to power your business? Contact us at 1-877-479-1388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thomas Solutions is a trusted car, truck and fleet rental company. We have locations in Hamilton, Selkirk & Niagara and service all of Ontario through our partner network. With a fleet of over 800 vehicles and growing, Thomas Solutions has a wide array of work vehicles for lease or rent, and an expert team that provides fleet management services for large industrial firms.